Nuffnang Ads

Sunday, December 6, 2015

K's Qualifying Exam

“A mother thinks about her children day and night even if they are not with her and will love them in a way they will never understand” – Anonymous

My firstborn will enter a primary school in about less than a month time. Can’t you believe that?! I keep telling myself where did the time go when we have so much fun together? Too fast that I even couldn’t believe it myself. Tsk.

So we went to register secure a place for our firstborn in March, 2013 (a requirement to register for a primary school during 5yo). Upon we receipt the small piece of paper that confirming our interest to place our daughter in the said school, we just ignored it ….

Up until we received a call from the school saying that our daughter had to sit for a qualifying exam in August, 2015. At that point of time, my friends and I texting and calling each other and we tried to search high and low on the example of the test for 6-year-old kids look alike. *panic moms mode activated* Some of us just relied on what they had studied in their kindy (of course there will not be on any extraordinary questions on politics, currency or recent economic issues yada yada yada).


My firstborn during the registration day for the exam.


The test was held on 08.08.2015 (Saturday), 9.00am at the school’s hall after 5 days we were being informed by the school.

We had to bring the kid’s Mykid and went for registration and a set of test paper (they compiled as a book) will be handed over and from there, the kids will be transported to the hall straightaway to answer the question all by themselves. While waiting for the test, we waited for Khayra at the school canteen together with other parents. Then I received a call from my friend, Elli – informing that we can watch the kids answering the question from afar at their respective classes as there was no electricity in the hall that day and they had to move the kids to the classrooms to sit for the test. 


As eager as I was, I went to search for my firstborn and there she was – at the front row of the class. It caught my attention when I saw a few other kids were crying inside the class – maybe panic or they didn’t know how to answer the test. So sad that I feel like going there and help them. I keep praying for my first born, hoping that she will not be affected by the loud and panic reactions of the crying kids. After a few minutes, I can see that my firstborn raised up her hand when I taught she will be asking question regarding the test (they were allowed to do that), but to my surprised, she was submitting her test paper! I prayed that she will not missed anything blank in there. Hehe. When she saw me outside, she just smiled and called me, “Ibu!” We went straight to the canteen to meet her abah and when I asked her about the exam, she just said that she answered all questions and had double checked on her answers. 


At the canteen, I heard that there was an essay question and I freaked out whether a 6-year-old kid can write a simple essay or simple sentence by himself / herself without any teacher’s assistance? I taught it was too much for a 6-year-old kid (there was none during my time, so it was hard to accept this fact, hehe). But I heard in JB the exam also covered subjects in Jawi as well as Science, but in KT they only covered BM, BI and Maths. *wipe sweat at forehead*

We went for breakfast later and our firstborn said she just wrote a simple line for the essay. *phewww* We taught it was good enough compared to left it blank. Haha.

So the result was out 2 weeks after and Alhamdulillah, our firstborn secured a place in that school.

In just a few days left, she will be all grown up and facing a new environment in primary school and it hits me that this is just too fast. Too fast. Sigh.


2 comments :

Unknown said...

Khayra g skoloh mana?

HW said...

Kak Cha: Ess Ess. Hehe :P